Smoke Detectors warn you in time to escape from a fire.
Best Places for Smoke Detectors
The best locations for smoke detectors are outside the bedrooms and on every level of the home. See diagram below
Care for Your Smoke Detectors
One in three smoke detectors in homes are not in working order. Here is how you can take care of them:
- Test monthly.
- Replace battery twice a year, (when you change the clocks, spring and fall) or when they make a "chirping sound.
- Replace Smoke Detectors every 10 years.
Know How to Escape
- Always help those who need help.
- Two ways out of every room.
- Plan your escape route and practice leaving your home.
- Decide one place outside where family members should meet.
- Buy It!
- Take Care of It!
- Your Life May Depend on It!
Taylor Residents Only
The Taylor Fire Department will assist residents with 2 Smoke alarms per household. Please call and schedule an appointment- 734-374-1355 if you need assistance, Must bring ID.
Taylor Fire Department does not install hard wired smoke detectors, you will need to contact a licensed electrician.