Welcome to the City of Taylor Planning Department homepage. As you navigate our page, you can see the many new developments happening within the City of Taylor. We oversee all planning and zoning services within Taylor in order to ensure a prosperous and safe community. If you have questions or need help, please contact us at (734) 374-1572 or email the Planning Director at email@example.com.
- Assist in development of Subdivisions/Planned Development
- Coordinates & assists applicants to Planning Commission & Zoning Board of Appeals @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
It manages and coordinates all new commercial and industrial review and development, new subdivision development, as well as additions and/or changes to existing development, with its goal being sustainable quality community growth in accordance with the City's Master Plan, Zoning Ordinance and policies set by State and Local Law.
The Planning Department also serves as liaison to both the Planning Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals.
The Planning Department's responsibilities include making recommendations to the Planning Commission on development and zoning decisions, providing planning and zoning education to the public, striving to create appropriate land-use policies, coordination with business owners, local community groups, citizens, architects and engineers to provide for high quality development which makes our city a desirable place to live, learn, work and play.
- Zoning Ordinance 2009 (PDF)
- Ord. No. 10-442 Midtown Windows and Doors (PDF)
- Ord. No. 10-443 Fence Material- Screening Wall (PDF)
- Ord. No. 10-444 Porches (PDF)
- Ord. No. 10-445 Sidewalks (PDF)
- Ord. No. 10-446 Notices (PDF)
- Ord. No. 10-447 Prohibited Signs (PDF)
- Ord. No. 10-448 Conflicting Regulations (PDF)
- Ord. No. 11-460 Storage of Recreational Vehicles (PDF)
- Ord. No. 10-449 Filming (PDF)
- Ord. No. 11-461 Used Car Lots (PDF)
- Ord. No. 11-466 Planning Commission (PDF)
- Ord. No. 13-474 Industrial Uses - Indoor Recreation (PDF)
- Ord. No. 13-475 Precious Metal & Gem Dealer, Resale (PDF)
- Zoning Map 2009 (PDF)
- Midtown Taylor Design Manual (PDF)
- New Business Guidelines (PDF)
- Special Event Approval Process (PDF)
- User Guide for Tents (PDF)
- Filming Survey (PDF)
- Zoning Verification Review Letters (PDF)
- Letters of Credit 2016 (PDF)
- 2016 Planning Department Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Planning Department Fee Schedule (PDF) Effective 7-1-17